CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yes I am still whining and frustrated! Please Help!

I have taken a couple of pictures of the kitchen, living, dining, and entry way(unfortunatley with my camera phone because my camera finally bit the dust)... I am just trying to focus on the main area of the house now and then I will get to the bedrooms and baths. Any clever decorating ideals or tips for me that you could give I would greatly appreciate it and SO need them!! And I have been watching as much HGTV as I can Janel, which is not a lot, but what I do get to watch I am loving it!!! Thank you for the awesome tip! I definatley feel like I need some color! Everything to me just feels so BLAH!


Kitchen


Great Room


Dining Room


My long entry way...I have no ideal what do with..there is so much wall space!!




This is something that I tried to be creative and do..I taped out a huge rectangle and painted inside the rectangle and then framed it in and place the rod iron scroll in it...then my husband suggested a bench so we did that and then I had this tree left over with no where to put it so I stuck it there...what do you think?? Is the tree too big to be placed there? This set of decor is right when you walk my front door to the left...Honestly what does everyone think...My feelers wont be hurt if it looks absolutley horrible..I need HONEST input!!!

7 comments:

Amy F. said...

Amber, I think your house looks adorable!! (I am definitely the wrong person to give advice, so I won't ;) My house needs lots of help. If anything you inspire ME!

brady lady said...

try ralph lauren suede paint, we did it in our house. not only does it give the walls color but texture as well. it looks great and we get lots of good compliments on it. it's not hard at all, just follow the simple instructional video at homedepot. if you do it, you'll love it! there's my 2 cents.

brady lady said...

for our main walls we used a brown color and in our kitchen we used a tan color, not exactly sure of the names, i'll send you a pic via email of our house.

The Tyler's said...

I love your house, and I also am not the one to get decor advice from. I really love the frame around the paint thing. I really want to try that. And I still want to frame around my mirror in my bathroom like you did. See! We need tips from you!

Janel said...

I love the thing you painted on the wall, very cool! I think the tree kind of hides it, though. I am doing some vinyl lettering, that would look great in your house too! Thanks for showing htose pictures, I love seeing it!

brady lady said...

your house is beautiful and you know it. i love your tall, tall ceilings. i would love to see it in person.

brady lady said...

not sure how long it takes me to run 5 miles, less than an hour though that's for sure. before i had two in the jogging stroller i was running a 7 1/2 minute mile on my good days. i haven't timed myself this time around, been more concerned about getting into shape. keep it up, you'll get there :)