CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

9 AMAZING Years!!

Michael and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary this past weekend!

Michael and I met in highschool at the end of my freshman year at a mutual friends birthday party. He was so funny and we literally could not keep our eyes off each other. We talked on the phone after that for several days and then I finally built up the courage to ask my parents if it would be okay if he came over for dinner. I was only 14 (turning 15 in a month) and being that I could not date until I was 16 we sat on the couch in the living room every weekend until I was 16. My parents figured that if he stuck around that long, he must have really loved me, so I was able to go on group dates at that point. My parents loved him just as much as I did. He was such a gentleman and was so darn funny (still is, he makes me laugh constantly). He actually is ALOT like my father and the weird thing is I am alot like his mother, weird how that happens, huh? Eventually we were able to go on single dates and the love kept growing stronger and stronger. I went to summer school every year, so that I could graduate a year early and start college, so that we could get married. Michael and I both worked 2 jobs and went to school while saving up for a down payement so that we coluld buy our first home. In December 1999 we did it! We bought our first home. It was going to be done in April of 2000, so we planned a April 22 wedding and we were able to move into our home on April 24..talk about perfect timing. It was a little depressing leaving my home that I grew up in, but I was so exited to begin that journey that I had been waiting for!

We were married April 22, 2000! I have completley and truley been blessed! Michael is beyond an amazing husband and father. He has been a wonderful provider for our family. He is such a hard worker and thrives each and everyday to make our lives the best that he can. I really could not ask for anything more.

I truely feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world, Michael. I love you so much.

HAPPPY 9th Anniversary!!!!

(I tried to put our wedding pics up, but for some reason my scanner is not working)

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats on another year. You are going to have to post those pics i want to see some

dragonflymommy said...

oh wow your gonna post wedding pics u guys look like your 12 in them.lol congrats for another wonderful year. its hard to realize sometimes that michael is married with kids. if you grew up with him you wwould understand why.lol such a goober he is..love you guys cant wait to see those wedding pics. again....

brady lady said...

happy anniversay, 9 years is really something to be proud of! hurray for you and michael! and i know michael is seriously weird funny... john tells me stories and i saw the bird at hooters video!

Maddy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! You'd better get that scanner fixed because I am DYING to see some wedding pictures.

The Tyler's said...

Amber the was the cutest story ever! That is crazy you guys have been together since 9 grade!! You two are perfect for eachother and we love living by your family. My Birthday is on your wedding date!