CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Little Slugger

In preparation of getting Jake ready for baseball we took him to the batting cages this weekend. I cannot believe how hard this child of mine can hit the ball! It was crazy. He has played baseball since he was 4, but nothing like what he is stepping into this year. No more t-ball stand or coach pitch...we are talking machine pitch,so we thought we better get him practicing. He was hitting 45mph balls last night and acting like it was no big deal, I kid you not. He was just awesome!

Even though Michael likes to think Jake got the natural batting skills from him I am pretty sure he got them from me. hehehe.



I had to throw these cute pictures in of Adysen having "study time" with the boys. She loves to do homework when the boys are.
Have I mentioned at all how much homework my kids have everyday! I have mixed emotions on that. I totally agree with the 25 minutes of reading everyday, but is 2 paqes of homework, plus spelling words and reading with a summary really all necessary? The spelling and reading I am totally good with, just not sure about the other two. Am I being totally whiney? I dont know...I just feel like they just spent all day in school and do they really need to come home and do more( I think you and I were just talking about this gma lois..hehe) Whats your opinions?


Hope everyone had a great weekend!

5 comments:

Pammy said...

Adysen is cute! Sophie does the same thing when the boys do homework. She wants to be part of the group! My sister says that she recites some of the alphabet and counts to 3and she only wants to write w/ a pencil like her brothers. Nick was the same way, always wanting to do what his big brother does. He probably hates it now cause he does not like all the homework they get. They love going to school except the homework. They get it Mon.-Thurs. and Fridays is no homework day! I'm not sure if it's something new that all the schools are doing or if it's just charter schools. I never had that much homework @ their grade level.

dragonflymommy said...

GREAT JOB JAKEE!!!!!! cant wait to come see ur games. that is way cute of addy. im sure jace would be right along with her on that one. ya i agree with you on the homework. i am big on the reading. reading is a must and will always be in my house hold. as i have had and sstill do have reading problems to this day that i am very self concious about. and spelling words i feel the same way about, and i kinda agree with the summery of what they read so that they can make sure that they are comprehending what they r reading but not every day. that is what school is for why go to school if you r just gonna come home and do it all anyway.lol i agree with pamela i never had that much homework in their grade. i can remember in 2nd grade my homework assignment was to bring an ingrediant in to make stone soup as a class.lol

Casey said...

There's a general rule of thumb out there somewhere that says 10 minutes of homework per grade level...I agree with that. It seems like ever since Bush's "No Child Left Behind" that the schools have been pouring the homework on. Cute pics! And that's a nice swing Jake has!

Danielle said...

i think that's way to much homework, i don't think kids need to be in schol all day to come home and do hrs of homework, that's just wrong they need to have more fun time, than's my opinion. I'm glad Sean don't get that much

brady lady said...

i guess he takes after daddy!