CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Recap of the Last Couple Weeks...

Where do I start?

I feel like we are a bunch of crazies around here lately!
Michael and I were working opposite schedules there for about a month or so, that was extremley hard! He would come home and I would go straight out the door to work and then worked my all day Thursday and Friday shift. I am so glad that is over! The head doctor at work finally let me hire someone to help me out the days that I am not there, so I spent a good month training her to do some of the things that would take a load off my shoulders. She has five kids of her own, so we job share and it has just been so awesome! It has been nice having her and so much less stressful for me. Thank you Krystal!


Valentines Day
was very low key being that we just got back from a week long trip. I made the kids heart shaped grilled cheese with tomatoe soup and I cooked Michael and I up a lobster with a nice salad and a twice baked potatoe, it was delicious! We rented Madagascar 2 and watched it with the kids that evening and it was so nice just to kick back and not do anything!


My husband surprised me with new couches that next week and I cannot tell you how happy I was to get them. I am sure that you all heard me at one point or another wine about my couches! We bought them when we got married (9 years ago and three children later) and they are just NASTY! I have had them cleaned several times, the cloth on them was coming off in certain areas, just gross! We talked about it last year and decided that we would wait until the kids got older to buy new couches (cannot have anything nice with kids, haha) but I think Michael could not stand it any longer either.
So here are my new couches!!!!


















The rest of the last couple weeks has just been the usual running around to birthday parties, playdates, we even squeezed a date night in there and went to dinner at Texas Road house and bowling with some friends of ours! I needed a night out desperately. We try to do it once a month, but that was our first date night since October.


Here are a couple of pictures of the kids over the last couple weeks...



The boys on their "dune buggy" (its really just an old golf cart) out at the farm on Presidents Day. They did very well that day and only crashed it twice.












Bailer and the boys helping Papa get the tractors ready and geared up for Hay Season!









Adysen and Jace having a picnic at the park!
It was really warm out that day..My little bugs cheeks were flushed. Thanks for a fun picnic Nini and Jace!

















Adysen and Alexa playing at the park and sharing cheetos!
They are both so darn cute!











My Three Little Munchkins Feeding the ducks..

I love this picture of them!




















We have started painting Adysens room FINALLY ( I know its sad, she is a year old and we are just now starting), more pictures to come with the finish product!






And Last...My poor husband has been so sick with pneumonia! He came home on Thursday really feeling yucky and by Friday was running a high fever. I had him come in to my work to see the NP and she said he had bronchitis and gave him some prescriptions and sent him on his way. By Sunday night he was still running high fevers and just looking really bad. I told him if he was not better by tomarrow morning that I was going to call work and have them fax over an order for a chest x-ray to see if he had pneumonia. Sure enough we go get the x-ray and they call us back an hour later and said he has pneumonia! He has been getting alot of extra TLC and I have been trying to doctor him back up to recovery. I hope you feel better soon babe!

6 comments:

dragonflymommy said...

ah my poor brother. he just looks like he feels like poopy. hope he is up and better in the next few days. oh and that pic of jace and adysen at the park. yeah that is a total me face he is making. lol cant wait to see the couches and adysens room.

brady lady said...

too bad so sad for mike, tell him to stop being such a baby (just kidding)!

the new couches look great, where'd mike get them, we are looking for new couches and have decided to buy leather; with the kiddos making messes, they will for sure clean & look alot nicer?? please let me know, i love them.

well mike get better and amber slow down already, you are way too busy, but aren't we all!

The Tyler's said...

I'm in love with the new couches! I saw you guys umpacking somgthing big the other day and wondered if it was couches. So fun.
Sounds like you guys are staying busy and having fun! How fun you guys go to go to D-land. We went in Feb. also last year and it really is the best time to go.
I can't wait to see pics of Adysens room!

Maddy said...

I love your new couches. Now I want new furniture, ha ha!!!

Hopefully we'll get to see you more!

Oh, and we're having a boy. :D

Maddy said...

I am SUCH a dork! Another Amber left a message on my blog asking what we were having and I JUST realized it wasn't you. So sorry if you were totally confused by why I was telling you that. DOH!

brady lady said...

please tell me they still have those couches at sam's club??